Tuesday, September 15, 2009

About




Hello! Welcome to my book blog.

My name is Dahlia, a book crazed teenager living in the US.

Why am I here?

I have a burning passion for YA books. I have always had this passion for books in general. There was a time that my addiction went dormant, but that was because I didn't know what books to pick. Until I accidentally found book blogs, early July 2009. Ever since July, I developed a healthy addiction for books and blogging. I don't have a problem with finding good books now, all I have to do is look around the book blogging community and find something great. To release my knowledge of books, and help you find great reads, I'm here.

What is a Book Shopaholic?

It is a person who compulsively buys books, and is addicted to buying books with regularity. This person can never have enough books and is always spending all her allowance on them.

"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Reviews:

I plan on reviews being persistent on this blog. One of my major goals is to review mostly newly released books, as they are of most interest to readers. This is still in the works, but it's coming soon. Until then, I'll review 2008 books - now.

Genres I review:

I review chick-lit, romance, fantasy, paranormal romance, and historical fiction, as long as its Young Adult Fiction, I will read and review it. I'm not picky about books. And, I'm always willing to try something new and fresh. I confess, I do have a problem with judging books by their covers, but try hard not to.

Features:

For the most part, I blog about everyday.I try not to blog only memes and provide post-worthy book-related content, along with book reviews. I hope there'll be lots new interesting content in the future for all of you.

The Blogger:

Simply a student with a normal life in Texas. I'm from a foreign country in Central America, El Salvador. I speak English, Spanish, and can understand French. I'm a shy person, but I like to think I'm cool reading and buying loads of books. And, I'm a Book Shopaholic!

I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog.

If you have any constructive criticism, suggestions, comments, or want to chat please feel free to tell me at: thebookshopaholic(at)hotmail(dot)com

Blog Awards:


From:

Jessica at Book Bound

Choco at In Which a Girl Reads

A Few Good Books


From:

The Kari AnnAlysis

Book Lovers Delight

From:

Reading Extensively

From:

Spellbound by Books

Book Lovers Delight

The Bibliophile's Lounge


From:

Tea Time With Marce

From:

Reading Addict

Misadventures of a Teenage Bookworm

Literary Magic