Monday, October 26, 2009

2nd Cover Remake

This is my 2nd contest entry to Cindy's super awesome challenge/contest at her blog Princess Bookie.

Cover Recreation for Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver:


About The Cover:
After reading reading the synopsis, I knew that I had to recreate this cover with a deeper meaning in the cover. Instead of just putting a photograph and putting the names on it, I decided to take this to the second level and be more elaborate on the cover. I also realized that, in the book the main character isn't necessary falling, rather a girl who lives the last day of her life seven times, unless she makes changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined. So I wanted it to have a perspective of the plot in the cover, I tried to show all of the aspects that the book involves. My goal was to make this cover as an illusion of the power that the main character gains. Also, I tried to show the mixed emotions, which is what the main character is said to go through in the book, like thunder, clouds, peace, finding identity, nature, and a vast array of suspense. (it's all in there) The model gives it, a touch of suspense and mystery, which is said to be in the book, (or so I imagine). Overall, I tried to give this cover a complexion of the heart wrenching story. In the end, I think it all my expectations were met.

Disclosure:

I am not a graphic designer in any way. I'm just a 15 year old who happens to know a little to much about image manipulation. These are just the products of my imagination and creativity. Just wanted to make that clear!

4 comments:

Staysi said...

Wow, This is really good! I love this cover. Great job!! Good luck in the contest :)

Dani. said...

i love how you really try to create the cover by what the book is about and its message, rather than just the literal title name.
Good job, its really good:)

Kari said...

Very cool covers! Love your blog! Can't believe you are 15! :)

choco (In Which a Girl Reads) said...

Gorgeous cover :)

Btw, you got an award over at my blog!