Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cover Remakes

Cindy is holding a super awesome challenge/contest over at her blog Princess Bookie. The prices are spectacular, and I couldn't resist to enter.

Cover Recreation for Fallen by Lauren Kate:


About The Cover:
My main focus was to to illustrate the theme of the book. The book is centered around mystery, supernatural, murder, and death . So, showing all of those elements in the art work was my goal. As you can see there are many rows of fading man, this illustrates the element of death in the book, which comes to an end. Then there is the bright row that continues, this is to illustrate immortality. I tried to captivate the scenario of the book by including the concept of the time setting of the book. The dark lighting, also shows the attraction of the book. The model shows, how someone would probably if they'd be threaten to be killed, (like the main character). All in all, if I'd see a book with this a book with this cover on sale I'd buy it!

1 comments:

Shanyn said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! I really like your cover too, I'd buy it for sure! I like that you went a different direction than a lot of the other entries for that book title. I'm going to add you to my Google Reader :)