Thursday, December 10, 2009

On My Wishlist (2)

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. It allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet but are waiting to be bought and devoured. If you are anything like me then your wishlist is getting longer by the day! This post is featured on Wednesday, but I will do mine on Thursday, as its a way that I can organize the books I may buy during the weekend.

Title: Frostbite
Author:
Richelle Mead

Genre: Paranormal Romance/ YA

I Previously read Vampire Academy and would like to read the sequel. I've been putting off for a while, but I think I may buy it this weekend.

Summary:Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It's winter break at St. Vladimir's, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy's crawling with Guardians--including Rose's hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if handto- hand combat with her mom wasn't bad enough, Rose's tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason's got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy's not taking any risks....This year, St. Vlad's annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price..

Title: Geek Girl's Guide To Cheerleading
Author: Charity Tahmaseb, Darcy Vance
Genre: YA

I saw this on a trip to Barnes & Noble and fell in love with the book in itself. I may buy this, as I have a 25% off coupon from Barnes & Noble.

Summary: When Bethany -- self-proclaimed geek girl -- makes the varsity cheerleading squad, she realizes that there's one thing worse than blending in with the lockers: getting noticed. She always felt comfortable as part of the nerd herd, but being a member of the most scrutinized group in her school is weighing her down like a ton of textbooks. Even her Varsity Cheerleading Guide can't answer the really tough questions, like: How do you maintain some semblance of dignity while wearing an insanely short skirt? What do you do when the head cheerleader spills her beer on you at your first in-crowd party? And how do you know if your crush likes you for your mind...or your pom-poms? One thing's for sure: It's going to take more than brains for this girl genius to cheer her way to the top of the pyramid.

Title: Kiss Me Kill Me
Author: Lauren Henderson
Genre: Mystery/ YA

This one of those books that have always stuck with me. I've always wanted to read it from the very beginning, I was introduced to the Book Blog World.

Summary: When 16-year-old Scarlett Wakefield transfers from St. Tabby’s to Wakefield Hall Collegiate, she is relieved that no one knows her dark, haunting secret. A few months ago, Scarlett was invited to an elite party with a guest list full of the hottest names in British society, including Dan McAndrew. Before the party, Scarlett had only imagined what it would be like to have her first kiss with Dan, but on the penthouse terrace, Dan leaned in close and she no longer had to wonder. Their kiss was beautiful and perfect and magical, and then . . . Dan McAndrew took his last breath as she held him in her arms. No one knows how or why Dan died, and everyone at St. Tabby’s believes Scarlett had something to do with it. But now that she’s safely hidden away at Wakefield Hall, Scarlett would rather forget that it ever happened. Only she can’t. Especially when she receives an anonymous note that will set her on the path to clearing her name and finding out what really happened to the first and last boy she kissed.

Title: Bite Me!
Author: Melissa Francis
Genre: Paranormal/YA

I'm very attracted to vampire books. I may consider buying this.

Summary: AJ Ashe isn't your typical seventeen-year-old vampire—as if there is such a thing! She's stuck in the middle of a huge fight between her two BFFs. Her ex-boyfriend—whom she's still totally in love with, by the way—is now her stepbrother. A former classmate—who, um, she may or may not have turned into a vampire—is stalking her. And now, apparently, the fate of humankind lies in her little undead hands. What ever happened to the good old days, when all a vampire girl had to worry about was the occasional zit and hiding her taste for blood?

Title: Vamped
Author: Lucienne Diver
Genre: Paranormal/YA

You can probably tell I'm a paranormal junkie. Vampire books have always interested me. I may get this, I've wanted to read this for as long as I can remember.

Summary:
Gina Covello's Perks and Pitfalls
of Vamp Life
1. Hello?! Eternal youth and beauty!
2. Free. Designer. Clothes.
3. My hot new boyfriend Bobby went from chess dud to vamp stud.
4. No reflection! First order of business: turn my own stylist to stop the downward spiral from chic to eek.
5. Vampire vixen Mellisande has taken an interest in my boyfriend, and is now transforming the entire high school into her own personal vampire army. If anyone's going to start their own undead entourage it should be me.
I guess I'll just have to save everyone from fashion disasters and other fates worse than death.

**************************************************************************** 

Most of my picks cost below $10.00. Reason being, I'm in financial ruin. I'm 16 with no job. I haven't asked my parents to let me order books online in m/b 2 weeks. I don't want to beg when they have a ton of payments alot of which are my fault. Maybe when we recover in a few weeks, I'll be able to order lots of books online like before. But, for now I'll be satisfied with buying any books I can get my hands on. When I go book shopping this weekend, I'll be looking for discounts!

Any recommendations from the above books?

3 comments:

nicoliolipoli said...

i're read bite me & frostbite(:
greatt books. i want to read kiss me kill me.

Cleverly Inked said...

Frostbite was good.

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

I thought Frostbite was good, Kill Me Kiss Me was pretty good, and Vamped wasn't really my type of book. You can see reviews of Kill Me Kiss Me and Vamped on my blog if you're interested. Hope you're able to buy some books soon! :)