Friday, February 26, 2010

Book News: Shiver

According to Variety, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater is being turned into a movie. Of course, it's still in the making right now. But, I know lots of you Shiver fans would like to be informed. (if you didn't know, yet)

The director of "Ramona and Beezus" a new movie soon to come out, will be the director. Unique Features already released rights to turn Shiver into a movie. The movie adaptation will be produced by the people from Lord of the Rings. Sounds like its going to be a pretty big movie.

The movie adaptation of Shiver still has a long way off. At the moment, it's just in the making. Variety says that Warner Brothers will be very involved in the making.

Also, it seems that the producers are hoping to cash in the popularly on Twilight and other supernatural movies at the moment.

Sounds very exiting, I know I would go see it and even buy it on DVD. Shiver has only been on store shelves for a few months now, and it already has a movie deal!

10 comments:

BookFanatic said...

Thanks for sharing! I didn't know.

Amber Skye said...

I actually did know that Shiver was becoming a movie, but I'm glad to hear that the LOTR people are directing it. :D Thanks for the info!

Dazzling Mage said...

I still didn't read the book, but at least the people who are directing it are a big deal. I just hope they don't completely ruin it.

Thanks for sharing! =)

Book Monster said...

I can see this being made into a movie!! I really hope they focus on the visuals and romance part of it!!

Michelle said...

It's always interesting when books get turned into movies. I'm always excited to see who they cast, their whole take on the story and so on. That's pretty cool for Maggie too. It must be such an experience to see your fictional world come together on screen even if it does differ slightly from the book. I hope they stay as true to the novel as they can.

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

Coming over from the Saturday Network - I'd heard about the Shiver deal, but didn't know it was progressing more now. Thanks for sharing that. I'd be interested in it as well.

Serpentine Librarian said...

I'm visiting from The Saturday Network - thanks for the infromation about the Shiver movie. I knew that the rigts had been optioned, but I didn't know who the director was. It will be interesting to see how it will turn out.

Jan von Harz said...

I still need to pick Shiver up, but from everything I have read it seems like it will make a good movie. I will read it first though.

browneyedgirl said...

I finished Shiver last night and loved it, so the fact that it's going to be a movie is awesome!

Shera (Book Whispers) said...

That is so crazy!!!