Monday, February 22, 2010

Explorer X - Alpha by LM Preston

Title: Explorer X - Alpha
Author:
LM Preston

Pages: 366, hardcover
Publisher: One Phenomenal Press
Age Group: 10 +

Overall Rating:
.5

For most kids, a trip to space camp is the trip of a lifetime for Aadi it was life altering. After receiving a camp immunization needed for travel to Mars, Aadi finds that the immunization is the catalyst of an insidious experiment. He realizes what is happening too late for a change of fate. The full experiment is set in motion when he and his co-pilot, Eirena, crash in a distant galaxy called Shrenas, where they change and realize the full extent of their power. This turn of events forces him to grow up quickly, accept his change, and to decide to save a world, or to do what he was trained to do dominate it. His power is coveted by the warring leaders of Shrenas, and he is forced to choose sides a decision that may prove just how much humanity he has left.



Explorer X - Alpha was interesting, action packed, and well thought out. What I loved most was the uniqueness of the plot. Some of the things were unbelievable which made it more enjoyable.

The highlights, the scenes were intense very vivid. As the story moved from the beginning I easily got into the story. It wasn't hard to get into the story even though its science fiction. I loved the expressions and the humorous things the characters would do and say. One of the main things that is admirable about this book is one of the messages it brings us, that kids can do more than adults give credit for. This shows heroin-ism from the characters in this book. Also, team work between the characters.

In my opinion, its written specially for a young audience. I see how it would be easier for a 10 year old can understand it. For me the writing was too simple. But, easily enjoyable to a younger audience. The romance part was okay for me. But, it didn't wow me. Halfway to the end, I did get confused, but the sequel will fixed this.

Over all, Explorer X - Alpha left a lasting impression on me. One of them the technology of the 2080, very fascinating. I will recommend this to middle grade students. The characters will be a positive and strong influence.

As for me, I'll keep an eye out for the sequel The Pack. Explorer X - Alpha left me intrigued!

Rating:
Plot: (8/10)
Characters: (8/10)
Ending: (8/10)
Enjoyment: (9/10)
Cover: (7/10)
Overall: 40/50= 80% = B-

For More
Info or to Buy Explorer - X Alpha:
{Good Reads} {Borders} {Barnes & Noble} {Amazon}

1 comments:

BookFanatic said...

I'll have to give this a shot. Great review!