Tuesday, March 9, 2010

US Vs. UK (1)

US Vs. UK is a meme to compare the covers of a certain book and decide which looks best. It is currently hosted by Wondrous Reads and Bloody Bookaholic.

Lets proceed....


US Vs. UK

The first cover is too simple not enough to sell me the book. It doesn't make me want to know more from Willow. Very stereotyped. I do like how the photo is cut into pieces. But it's not enough for me. The second cover is beautiful. We see a girl grieving and the eye liner running down the girl's face. It absolutely attracts me to learn more about the girl and buy it. However, I don't like the new title, so much. In a sense it does describe the book. But, it's not as good as Willow.

This one is tough: UK Wins

8 comments:

Miss Remmers said...

Where have I been! I had no idea these were the same book!!!!!

Nisa said...

I agree. Willow is a great title, but I like the UK cover better.

May said...

I was never fond of the US cover, so this book stayed on my wishlist for ages. But when I saw the UK one, I knew I had to get my hands on it immediately! So for me, UK is the definite winner. :)

Michelle said...

I like the US cover better. The new title is a good fit though.

Sara said...

Hmm I think I'm with the Michelle on this one, I like the US cover a lot better. I just put this on hold at the library, I can't wait :)

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

US one - the yellow dress on the UK one totally turns me off. And how bad is that, that the color of the girl's dress would possibly keep me from picking this book up!!!!!

Clau said...

I just finished this book. I prefer the US cover, but the other is very beautiful too. And I agree with you, the title of UK is not better than Willow :)

Bookworm said...

UK! The title isn't as good, but the cover is so much more dramatic and eyecatching--and I love the little synopsis.