Tuesday, March 16, 2010

US Vs. UK (2)

US Vs. UK is a meme to compare the covers of a certain book and decide which looks best. It is currently hosted by Wondrous Reads and Bloody Bookaholic.

Today's Contestants:



US Vs. UK

US: Bright colors, haunting, it's to lust for. This cover grabbed my attention, it apparently contrasting the 2 lifestyles of the main character. The effects look sharp very well done, with a professional look to it. The cat is a perfect touch. This beautifully stands out at the bookstore.

UK: As for the UK cover, it looks like a DVD cover of a clique of teens. For what I understand the theme of witches is a big part of the book, so to me this cover doesn't do it. The shadows of the girls of bats don't make great emphasis on the theme. However, it does look stunning just not for this book.

US kicks-butt it perfectly fits the story and it looks eye-catching at the bookstore!

Winner: US

11 comments:

Morgan said...

I like the US cover better, too. Great post!

Sara said...

Ooh I love love the US cover! The UK cover isn't horrible, but it doesn't compare to the US cover.

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Gotta agree, the US cover is amazing!

Kelly Peres said...

totally agree!!! US way better

InABox said...

The US cover definitely. It really grabs my attention.

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

Ok so I'm waaaaaaaay in the minority for this one, but I kinda like the UK one more. The first time I saw the US one I didn't like it at all! It's grown on my and I like it a lot more now, but I still don't love it. Sorry all those who love the US cover!!

Bere said...

The UK cover looks kinda cool. But I do
have to say that I prefer the US cover better!

Bookworm said...

The US cover is so much more dramatic and prettier! The second one looks like a cheesy teen movie (as you said) and doesn't correlate with the sometimes dark subject matter of the book!

Book Monster said...

you said it all, I totally agree!!

Book ♥ Soulmates said...

I agree...the US wins this round! I'm usually a fan of UK coves, but the US cover for this book is so much more captivating!

♥Isalys

librarypat said...

I agree. The US cover is much better. The UK cover is too busy.