Tuesday, March 30, 2010

US Vs. UK (3)

US Vs. UK is a meme to compare the covers of a certain book and decide which looks best. It is currently hosted by Wondrous Reads and Bloody Bookaholic.

Today's Contestants:



Numbers by Rachel Ward

Summary: Whenever Jem meets someone new, no matter who, as soon as she looks into their eyes, a number pops into her head. That number is a date: the date they will die.

Burdened with such an awful awareness, Jem avoids relationships. Until she meets Spider, another outsider, and takes a chance. But while they’re waiting to ride the Eye Ferris
wheel, Jem notices that all the other tourists in line flash the same number. Today’s number. Today’s date. Terrorists are going to attack London. Jem’s world is about to explode!

US: This is such an elaborate cover, suits the book wonderfully. I personally love how the numbers are around the eye. Looks like a magnificent job done. Enough said, It's awesome.

UK: Love the effect of a photograph on the font. Runs a little too, simple for me, but I like that it's clean of clutter. Would think twice before buying.

US
WINS FOR ME


It looks, so professional. At first look, I'd pick it up and buy it.

8 comments:

Amber Skye said...

I agree, the US cover is much cooler.

Bookworm said...

The UK cover is far too busy for me! Definitely US-how EYEcatching!! (:

BookFreak said...

I like the US. Its simple yet something that would really catch your eye. I cant wait for my copy to come which i won!

Charmaine Clancy said...

I find the UK one too clunky, it looks like some 70's movie poster. The US one is good, but I don't like the red eye.

librarypat said...

I was drawn more to the US cover.

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

The US one! But I'm sooooo silly I looked at this cover several times before I saw that it was an eye! Yes I'm clueless :)

Cleverly Inked said...

the US one I like more

Book ♥ Soulmates said...

I agree! I have to give this one to the US also :)

I love how dramatic the red eye is. It's bold and definitely draws your attention. Once you've glimpsed the eye, then you see the cluster of numbers and it ties it all together with the title and concept of the book!

I think they did a great job :)
♥Isalys