Thursday, May 20, 2010

*My Reading Habits*

I've been seeing this tag (if we can call it that) all over the place, so I'll join the cause. I've found some people have some really bizarre habits, so I'm not the only one. Let's proceed.......

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack:
Yes, on a typical day you'd find me eating with a book on my hand. Although, I don't like stains on my books, I'm really careful when eating and reading. MY favorite snack would be chocolate chip cookies, chips, or candy whatever is close by.

What is your favorite drink while reading?
Well, in the mornings it's coffee or Starbucks, my drink has to have coffee in it. Or else, it's water which I'm addicted to.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Oh no, it's a crime to hurt a book by writing in it (no offense to the ppl that do). I'm extremely OCD about it. I would say to use notecards, instead.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
No dog-ears I can't stand them. I use book marks or notecards, when I don't have one close by then I leave it flat open.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Fiction my way to go, I wouldn't read for pleasure if it wasn't fiction.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I can hardly every stop anywhere, I must read to the end of a chapter. But, I rather reading a book whole in one sitting.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
Never in a million years, that could potentially damage the book, I would never get too irritated.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
Oh, yeah I look up words on my Dictionary application on my Ipod Touch. I'm such a geek<.

What are you currently reading?
If I Stay by Gayle Forman

What is the last book you bought?
If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
No, it would affect my feelings on the book. I can't go back and forth between books. It doesn't work for me.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
At school, I can block out all the mindless chatter around me. ^ Weird, right ^

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
Whatever, I can get my hands on. I just hate waiting for sequels to be released, I'm very impatient.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Need by Carrie Jones, Fat Cat by Robin Brande, The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan, and Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz. I loved them all.

How do you organize your books?
Currently by publishing company starting with paperbacks then hardcovers, and similarity.

- Happy Reading

1 comments:

BookFanatic said...

I guess we all share wacky reading habits.