Tuesday, May 25, 2010

US Vs. UK (10)

US Vs. UK is a meme to compare the covers of a certain book and decide which looks best. It is currently hosted by Wondrous Reads and Bloody Bookaholic.

Today's Contestants:


Clare de Lune by Christine Johnson
Summary: Torn between two destinies?

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever?

US: Pretty cool. Especially how we see only the face of the model, and then the body is blocked with a picture of a forest. Skills, because that would hide the part that she's more than just human. The angle the model is facing looks graceful to me. Certainly, I would buy this.

UK: I'm not so sure about this one. I see a heart put together by thorns or branches. The text and font are great. But, I would question before buying this. It's great to see more, sometimes. And, this gives too little.

US / UK
US

WINS FOR ME

The US is irresistible too not buy.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

I actually really like both of these. I prefer the colours of the US one, since I think the black-and-red theme is a little overdone, but I still think the UK one is pretty. I'd probably buy either.

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

I think the US one fits the story more (but the UK one is cool too)

Amber Skye said...

I have to agree with Lea. While I think the UK one is very pretty, the US cover fits the story more.

Kelsey said...

I agree- US for the win! I like the colors and arrangement of the UK cover but it's not as eye catching or original.

Raíla said...

Aw, both are pretty cute. I liked the UK one, but the US definitely wins! :)

Jill of The O.W.L. said...

I like the US one. The UK one reminds me too much of the Shiver and Linger covers - really the UK Shiver since it's black and white too.

Christina T said...

The UK cover is too generic. I have heard that due to the Twilight Saga popularity YA paranormal book covers in the UK have been overwhelmingly red, black, and white. I hope this trend changes soon.

I loved the US cover in comparison.

Christina T said...

The UK cover is too generic. I have heard that due to the Twilight Saga popularity YA paranormal book covers in the UK have been overwhelmingly red, black, and white. I hope this trend changes soon.

I loved the US cover in comparison.

Addicted Book Reader said...

Ooh I really like both! But I really like the US cover the best : D