Tuesday, May 4, 2010

US Vs. UK (7)

US Vs. UK is a meme to compare the covers of a certain book and decide which looks best. It is currently hosted by Wondrous Reads and Bloody Bookaholic.

Today's Contestants:



The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Summary: In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth.

But, slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future - between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?

US: My most favorite from the US covers is the paperback version, I own it. From what I've heard the girls on the covers are supposed to be zombies. I'm honestly not drawn to neither. I worry more about what's inside. I would definitely pick either one. They're both stunning in my opinion.

UK: I'm having a hard time, figuring out what on the cover. To me, they look like rose petals. It's a nice twist and change from the US covers. From what I hear it fits the book perfectly. It looks fabulous to me.

US / UK
BOTH
WIN FOR ME

I like something from all the covers, I'm calling this a tie.

10 comments:

MarceJ said...

This one would also be a Tie for me. Once I read it I would be able to make a choice i'm sure.

The 2nd and 3rd would be my choices.

Book ♥ Soulmates said...

We voted on these same covers on our blog too and it seems that the US hardcover was the winner amongst our followers :)

Here is the link to our post in case you wanted to check it out: http://booksoulmates.blogspot.com/2010/04/us-vs-uk-round-2.html

I really like the UK cover too but I have no idea what is on the cover...looks like some sort of flower, ha.

♥Isalys

Enna Isilee said...

The girls on the covers aren't zombies. At least, not on the hardback. I'm most sure about the paperback. She does look creepy enough... almost.

I did this same thing on my blog, and it was a tie as well. But I STRONGLY prefer the UK covers, and I bought them from Britain just so I could have them. :)

Serpentine Librarian said...

The girl on both US covers is Mary, the central character. I actually prefer the hardback US cover, maybe because that's the first one I read, the paperback cover goes along with the cover for The Dead-Tossed Waves. The UK cover is very striking though.

Olivia's Bookshelf. said...

The girl is not a zombie on the paperback version either. It just wouldn't fit the description of the zombies in the book. While reading it I always thought it was Mary on the cover. lol. But I could be wrong. But yeah, I have to agree with you on this one too. They are all pretty awesome.
But I'm not a huge fan of the hardcover US verison. lol. I can't wait to read your review when you read this book. I have feeling you will like it a lot. I loved this book :)

Amber Skye said...

I prefer the US covers, but I can't choose between those two. They're both very creepy looking and seem to say something about the story. Of course, I wouldn't really know since I haven't read the book yet. It's in my TBR Pile!

Reading Addict

Carol said...

The first one, no doubt. I think the cover is SO beautiful and it reminds me of Charlize Theron on Aeon FLux LOL

brizmus said...

The one on the very left - hands down, no contest.

Addicted Book Reader said...

I love the US covers, but it doesn't seem like they go with the book. Oh well they are stunning, and I would definitely pick it up to read it at the bookstore.

librarypat said...

I like the two with the girls on the cover. The black cover with red doesn't seem to fit. It looks like a sea creature.