Tuesday, May 18, 2010

US Vs. UK (9)

US Vs. UK is a meme to compare the covers of a certain book and decide which looks best. It is currently hosted by Wondrous Reads and Bloody Bookaholic.

Today's Contestants:


Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
Summary:

Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart?and clues to the secret of the Shift.


US: It's stunning. The overall color scheme, font, and model work great to make this cover eye-catching. I'm sure anybody would be tempted to grab it at a book store. The red also draws attention in the purple background. Although, I don't like how the model is completely on the cover.

UK: Also, great in my opinion. The model looks pretty. Now, there's blue in the background, and no ribbon. The font placements aren't the best, but still fairly good.

US / UK
US

WINS FOR ME

The US gets it all perfect!

13 comments:

Leilani @Leilani Loves Books said...

US!

Amber Skye said...

I definitely vote US for this one. I just love that cover!

Sara said...

I definitely agree! I love the US cover. The UK cover is OK, but I don't like how the P.C. Cast is so big.

Addicted Book Reader said...

US cover for me too! The UK one is just a little blurry and weird looking.

librarypat said...

US for me. The girl in the UK versions looks a bit young. More mystery and class to the US version.

chicklit101 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chicklit101 said...

Neither. They both look graphic design 101. Hmm... :/

Morgan said...

I actually really like the UK version.

Googie said...

I agree with chicklit101. Not a fan of either one.

Anne said...

When I saw the UK one, I first thought it was by PC Cast. I didn't think it made any sense. The arm in the US one is a bit freaky, but I still like it better than the UK one.

Bere said...

I like the US cover way better! =)

Kay (Dead Book Darling) said...

Even though I am not a fan of the US cover, it totally trumps the TERRIBLE UK cover! What a shame.

Bookworm said...

US--so cool!