Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

Pages: 391, hardcover
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Age Group: Young Adult
Pub. Date: October 2009

Overall Rating:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
Hush, Hush made me melt like butter. Enough said, this book is addictive, deeply amazing, heart-pounding, and in a lovely way mysterious. Both cover and summary live up to the book.

Nora, a highschool sophomore, unexpectedly meets Patch, a creepy, but sexy guy in her biology class. When they are both partnered-up together, they developed an undeniable chemistry between each other. Patch starts popping up everywhere Nora goes in a stalker-ish manner. At first Nora thinks, he's trying to keep her out of harms way, but no he's far more dangerous than she assumes. Eventually, Nora discovers she's entangled in a battle amidst fallen angels.

In Hush, Hush, we get wrapped up in a story of fallen angels, history, forbidden love, and an ancient battle correctly combined to make readers fall head over heels for the story. Starting with the romance, it was 100 degree hot, spicy, yummy, and tastefully written. I fell in love with Patch instantly, he was dangerous, confident, bad-boy he practically runs the story.

It's the books uniqueness that us readers are captivated with. Something out of the norm, we see Nora and Patch, two people who in real life wouldn't be compatible, fall for each other. Then, Fitzpatrick brings us something new to supernatural fiction, I'm sure we've seen angels in books before, but not the way Fitzpatrick presents them to us. They're dark, veiled, and authentic to their history.

Nora and Bella are almost interchangeable, not that, this would bother anybody. Looking at it's a real treat for the readers who can't get enough of Twilight. The similarities are beyond question that the vampire theme was changed for fallen angel theme. Nevertheless, this book is worth the read, I can guarantee this book has like a potion to draw readers in. I'll bet it's the writing, Fitzpatrick has a way of saying something simple exquisitely. Profoundly, enjoyable.

Obviously, you can see the effect the book had on me, it was a home run, we were a perfect match. Don't let what you hear about this book determine whether you read it or not. It's a either love-or-hate for most people. Mostly, love. This one is worth buying in hardcover!

Rating:
Plot: (10/10)
Characters: (10/10)
Ending: (10/10)
Enjoyment: (10+/10)
Cover: (10/10)
Overall: 50/50 = 100% = A+

Cover:
So dark. It's bound to make you run to the checkout. Love at first sight!

For More Info or to Buy Hush, Hush:

17 comments:

Faye said...

Ditto!*patch* can't wait 2 read the next one*hurry up* lol :D

BookFanatic said...

Naturally, this book made me jump for joy. I agree with your review it is Twilight-ish, but in a different way. Still, a great book!

Allison said...

Great review! I've had this book for a while, but haven't read it yet. I'm definitely curious to read it considering the Twilight comparisons.

Anne said...

I loved reading your review! I wasn't in love with the book that much because... I'm not that into Twilight, so it bothered me how similar they were.
I really liked reading a review that is written by a person who loved it. It was nice to see the other side of things. You do make some great points. I was really sucked into it, even though I didn't like it all that much.
And I am really excited to read Crescendo!

Jami said...

Wow, you put into words everything I feel on this one! Excellent review! I have a signed copy of Hush, Hush and it's my prize possession!

Natalie said...

I wasn't really into this one but don't get me wrong I like a good twilightish-book!

Googie said...

Wow!! I can't wait to read this one!! Great Review!!

ReggieWrites said...

Lots of people like this book! Glad you loved it too! Haha --> "Hush Hush made me melt like butter" This review made me laugh! It's funny, entertaining, and with good details and analysis on the book! Great review!

Here from CEP! Great job!

Cari said...

I loved this book so much! I actually met Becca and had her autograph my book when she came to town. I hope she comes back for Crescendo.

browneyedgirl said...

I LOVED this book and can't wait for Crescendo! I originally picked it up because of the cover, and I agree, it's amazing as well :)

Jessica (BookLover) said...

This book was surprisingly easy to get into. I agree that it must be the writing style. :) Looking forward to BOOK 2!

Lee said...

I just discovered your blog and have awarded you The Versatile Award. Stop on over at www.literary-magic.com to see how it works and pick up your badge!

Nikki-ann said...

Sounds like one to check out, thanks :)

Melange said...

Glad you liked this one a lot, I've had it on my wish list for a while. I'll have to bump it up.

By the way, I'm Sharyla from A Bookish Wonderland. Love your blog! Feel free to check me out anytime.

Jennie Smith said...

So glad you liked this one... It is definitely one of my favorites!! I can't wait for Crescendo either... come on Patch!!!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Loll, "creepy but sexy" pretty much sums up Patch in a nutshell. Great review, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I didn't love it quite as much but I still enjoyed it and will be looking forward to Crescendo. :)

Bere said...

I really love the cover for this one! I haven't had the chance to read it but I'm dying to. I've heard such great things on Hush, Hush and your fabulous review is no exception. Makes me more excited to read it! Thank you =)