Thursday, June 10, 2010

Top 6 Places To Read

From reading all the reading habits posts, I noticed we all have unique places to read. I know for a fact to some of you this kind of thing doesn't matter, let me tell you it does matter to some of us. Let's explore the top places to read:



1. On a Couch

This is probably the the most comfortable places to read in the day. It's silent, you have enough light, and you can lay back and relax. If anyone knocks on the door, you're close by. Most of all, you can curl up in a blanket during a cold-rainy-day and nothing can stop you. You can read a whole series with no problem!



2. In Bed

Comfort is key for reading long periods of time. Reading in bed allows you to read comfortably while easing your nerves and body. This place is most visited at night when you just can't stop reading. The positive things about it are that you have the bathroom nearby, and when you finish you're already in bed.



3. The Bathtub

You might find this out of the ordinary, but you wouldn't believe how many people actually do read in the bathtub. We have on person amongst us and that's Reggie from Undercover Book Lover. Yeah, this option has ups and downs. The ups are that if you just can't stop reading and must take a bath you can keep reading, it looks luxurious. The downs are that you're book might get wet, and it might be uncomfortable for your back and neck. Still, it looks sexy!



4. The Library

Switching to a more normal spot, the library is so quiet. There's no trouble concentrating on a book. The sofas and armchairs are restful places to read. You can even find a reading buddy. I would think it would be too tempting to stop reading and pick up another book, but still the library has so much to offer.



5. At the Park

The sounds of nature are soothing especially when reading. Alot of people like reading at the park, just for the nature-feel of it. It works perfect for moms, they can take an escape and let the kids run and play, it works both ways. For everyone else, you can have a picnic with your family and still enjoy a book there. And, get fresh air!



6. At the Pool

This is super fabulous. Whether your in a pool of pool-side, you can devour a book. It's such a wonderful way to spend a lazy day. On the down side, you can get your book wet, but if you're super careful it'll be alright. You don't even have to leave your house to enjoy a book, nature, the outdoors, and comfort.

If you haven't tried some of these, I suggest you check them out. But, be very careful not to get your book wet. And, remember when reading comfort is the key!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Aww all these places sound amazing! I can't believe I've only read in only a couple of these. My bed is where I spend the most time reading. The pool and the park sound like really great places to read. Occasional I read outside on the porch swing with a glass of cold lemonade, it's very refreshing (:

Jami said...

I can be found reading in all these places, except in the bathtub. I am clumsy and would the book for sure! I have been by the pool a lot with the kids lately, so I have been getting much reading time there!

Patty said...

I can read in all those except the library. Why? because I keep taking out books, I can never concentrate, I just keep browsing. Awesome places, though :)

Michelle said...

I can't read in a bathtub it's just impossible lol.

Miss Remmers said...

I love this post! It's inspired me to create my own list of favorite reading places!

BookFanatic said...

I love to read in the pool, it's very fabulous like you say.

Esme said...

I read in all of these places-the beach, my bed and the couch are probably the biggest three-do not forget the doctor's office-but that is not voluntary.

ReggieWrites said...

I looove reading in all these places!!! You're right on the dot! Although, I did drop my ARC of The Body Finder in the bathtub though...hehe =) It isn't stopping me though =)