Thursday, June 3, 2010

Undead Much? by Stacey Jay

Title: Undead Much?
Author: Stacey Jay

Pages: 304, paperback
Publisher: Razor Bill
Age Group: Young Adult
Pub. Date: January 2010

Overall Rating:
Even Zombie Settlers with Super Hot Boyfriends get the Blues...

A few months ago I was a normal girl with a normal life. But that was before my power to Settle the Undead returned and someone tried to kill me with zombies.

Now I work magic and practice kicking butt while trying to find time for pom squad and my boyfriend, Ethan, and trying NOT to think about how freaky my life has become. It can be tough. Still…things could be worse…

Oh yeah, right:
1. Feral new super-strong zombies. Check.
2. Undead psychic hottie predicting a zombie apocolypse. Check.
3. Earth-shattering secrets that could land me in Settler prison for life. Check.
4. Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening the end of the half time as we know it. Check.

I’m going to need therapy (and a cookie) if I live through the week. Unfortunately I’m learning that’s not something Zombie Queens can take for granted.
Slightly better than it's prequel, Undead Much? gives readers what they want zombie-action, drama, romance, and suspense. It a new kind of zombie novel we can all love and enjoy.

In Undead Much? Megan is falsely accused of using black magic to raise a new kind of zombie. With subplots of the relationship between Megan and Ethan. Plus, some unsolved mysteries from the 1st book.

I'm highly satisfied with what I got from Undead Much - trilling plot, great characters, the smooth-flowing writing, lots of action and suspense for the reader. There's alot of plot in Undead Much, it's all well played, and not overwhelming. I would say the writing improved from the 1st book, I loved the clever remarks.

The characters all bring something great to the table, whether it be laughter, joy, or horror. We also see alot of suspense grow from the 1st novel You're So Undead to Me, there's new mysteries unfolding, answers needed, and more zombie-trouble.

I can only complain that Megan was a little too whiny and a cry-baby at times. Then, the story got slow occasionally and I got hesitant for it to pick up. Lastly, the ending wasn't a great one. Apparently, there must be a sequel because this one isn't satisfying. On the bright side, it has me hooked on the series.

Overlooking the small defects, Undead Much? is a great book with uniqueness, and trill. It's bound to please most readers with it's charm. I highly recommend, but be ready to stay extra hours reading, it's unbearably hard to stop.

Rating:
Plot: (9/10)
Characters: (9/10)
Ending: (7/10)
Enjoyment: (9/10)
Cover: (9/10)
Overall: 43/50 = 86% = B+

Cover:
It's a great pose between the Ethan and Megan. It highlights the romance being an important part of the book, and it is!

For More Info or to Buy Undead Much?:

4 comments:

Book Crazy Jenn said...

Wonderful review, :) It's quirky and such fun! I love this series.

BookFanatic said...

I love zombies in books. This is a great one!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Thanks for the great review! I'm not quite sure I'll be picking this one up soon since I try to avoid whiny heroines, but I'll see...

Blueicegal ♥ said...

hahaha Jenn the whiny heroines remark made me laugh ill do some researching before deciding on this one, great review -)