Saturday, July 10, 2010

In My Mailbox (28)

In My Mailbox is a meme created by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie! It is a list of the books that I've received over the previous week, either in the mail, from the bookstore, or from trades.

Here's what I got this week:


Received:
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev
The Not-So-Good Depression by Amy Koss
Wereling by Steve Feasey
The Mager by Donna Napoli


So-so week. Shade looks promising, and the others I'm not so ecstatic for. For example, The Mager, I won't read the cover creeps me out. As for the others, they can wait except for Perchance to Dream until I read the Eyes Like Stars.

On another note, I have no idea how things are going to play out when I take my trip outside the country soon in about a few days or so, I suppose I'll have to do it where-ever I'm at. More info later.

^^^ Now I want to see what you got .... ^^^

18 comments:

Allison said...

Aww, I thought The Wager was pretty good. I can see why people wouldn't want to read it even just for the cover. It kind of felt like a coming of age story in the end.

katie said...

I'm sad that your week was only so-so. I am really interested in The Wager. Happy reading! =]

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Nice books! Shade is great, I'm sure you'll love it...Hope you enjoy them all =)

Happy reading!

Dahlia said...

Shade sounds like it might be interesting. I so want to read Perchance to Dream! Eyes Like Stars was so good, one of my favorite books!
I've never heard of the others. Hope you enjoy all your books! ^_^

Christina T said...

I liked Shade. I hope you enjoy it and the other books.

Jennie Smith said...

I have Shade on my wish list! I need to get it soon... Great books for you this week! Come by and see what I got too!!

http://www.randomchalktalk.com

Happy reading!

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

I like Perchance to Dream it was a bit slow for me. But Eyes Like Stars started out slow and I ended up loving it. The WAger is a creepy cover. Hope you have fun on your trip!

Teens Read and Write

Missie said...

I'm loving your blog name! That is so me! I really wanna read Shade. Your books this week look great!


Hope you have a chance to check out my IMM!
Thanks,
The Unread Reader

Chas @ LLL Reviews said...

I have Perchance to Dream, Shade and Wereling on my TBR list!=) I hope you enjoy those!


HEre is my Imm:
http://lll808.blogspot.com/

Aloha!

Good Golly Miss Holly said...

I'm not too familiar with the books you received this week but I have to see kudos on reading Just Listen, it's fantastic.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just my computer but your book shopaholic header at the top of the page looks a little stretched for me.

Book Monster said...

Wereling looks so good. Hope you enjoy your books, happy reading XD

Rae (In The Forest) said...

I am dying to read The Wager. I love the cover. lol

brandileigh2003 said...

Great week! Here is what I got.

Kelly said...

Shade looks great, hope you enjoy it!

Here's my mailbox :)

Anonymous said...

Aw come on, give my baby The Not-So-Great Depression a chance!
Yours,
Amy G koss
www.AmyGoldmanKoss.net

Kara said...

I got everything you got except for Shade! Have a good week.

librarypat said...

My mailbox held:
EMBERS by Laura Bickle - Urban Fantasy

THE HOST by Stepenie Meyer

Lori said...

I hope that you will enjoy your books. Here's mine.