Saturday, October 16, 2010

In My Mailbox (32)

In My Mailbox is a meme created by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie! It is a list of the books that I've received over the previous week, either in the mail, from the bookstore, or from trades.


Here's what I got this week:

Bought:

The Hunger Games

Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with every one out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
Yet, another small IMM, but I'm in for a treat with this one. I'm hopeful it won't disappoint and my heart to be raising to know what will happen (that's what some people said about it). Anyways, I'm getting some more books tomorrow, I just couldn't go today, I may add them later, or else wait for next week. I'm just loving finishing most of my TBR for now.

13 comments:

Raíla said...

I am reading Hunger Games at the moment. Not so engaged so far, but I believe it will be in the next pages. :)

Good Golly Miss Holly said...

I also got The Hunger Games this week, I thought I was just about the only person who hasn't read it yet.

A Musing Mother said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hunger Games trilogy.

I might just marry it.

TheBookishSnob said...

I still haven't read this book :( Hope you have fun with it. Enjoy your week !
Come see what in my mailbox

Little Miss Becky : ) said...

I think there a lot of us out there who haven't read this, and we all feel like we are the last ones on earth!! I haven't read this either..but someday soon! :)

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

This is the most amazing book I've ever read.

Amber Skye said...

I. Love. This. Book. Seriously, this series completely blew me away. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Aisle B said...

DITTO! You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! I know I felt like kicking myself in the head for having neglected this book on my shelf. Once I started I could not stop but devour all 3 books in this serie. Went to work zombie eyed but blissfully happy at having read them all.

Enjoy

:)

Tara said...

I really need to pick up a copy of this book. I think about it every time I got to the store, but there's always books I want more. Hope you enjoy it, have a great week!

Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

Gabrielle Carolina said...

Have fun and bring kleenex on your Hunger Games. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Happy reading!
If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-
http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/10/imm-7.html
Blessings,
Gabrielle

Jennie Smith said...

I am listening to this one and LOVE it! Happy reading

Rachel said...

The Hunger Games are on my list of books to read, have fun reading :)

Come and visit me tomorrow for a new meme, On My Radar :)

librarypat said...

I have heard many good things about this book and series, but have not yet had time to read it.