Saturday, October 23, 2010

In My Mailbox (33)

In My Mailbox is a meme created by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie! It is a list of the books that I've received over the previous week, either in the mail, from the bookstore, or from trades.

Here's what I got this week:

For Review:

Drowned Sorrow by Vanessa Morgan

Megan Blackwood has just lost her son in a terrible accident. Now she has come to Moonlight Creek with her teenage daughter Jenna, hoping a change of scenery might help to put her life back together.

But something odd is going on in Moonlight Creek.

When rain falls over the village, its inhabitants commit grisly murders, leaving the place deserted with the first rays of sunshine.

Beneath the lake's surface, an eerie presence watches... and waits... Waits to reveal a tragic past drowned in mystery and fear. One that doesn't bode well for visitors.

By the time Megan realizes that her daughter's life is in danger, it may be too late to escape.
Gifted:

Best Foot Forward by Joan Bauer

Won:

Contest Craze at Princess Bookie

Breathless by Jessica Warman

Yikes! I need to urgently go on a shopping spree. But, actually I'm just saving up to buy some new releases. Luckily, I'm still not done with all the books I own, so I still have many to read. This week's books look intriguing. I knew I couldn't pass up the chance to read Drowned Sorrow it looks so spooky, perfect to read now that it's almost Halloween. And, the others look exciting as well.

^^^ Now I want to see what you got .... ^^^

10 comments:

Katie said...

Great books this week. I look forward to reading your review on Breathless. Happy Reading!

~The Book Pixie said...

Breathless is on my wishlist and I think I'm supposed to be getting Drowned Sorrow for review as well. Hope you enjoy your books. :D

~Briana

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Nice books! Drowned Sorrow sounds intriguing,

Hope you enjoy them all :)

Cindy said...

Breathless looks really interesting. Can't wait to read your review. :-)

Misha1989 said...

I really want to read Breathless.
Happy Reading!
Here's what I got In My Mailbox

TheBookishSnob said...

Great books this week :) Hope you have a fun time reading them all. Enjoy your week!

Come see what's in my mailbox

Lori said...

I hope that you enjoy your books. Check out what I got In My Mailbox. Happy reading.

Kathy Martin said...

Your books all look great. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

Tara said...

Ooh, I love the cover of Breathless! Hope you enjoy all your new books and have a great week :)

Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

Jessica Lawlor said...

I like the title "Best Foot Forward." That one sounds really good! Have an awesome week :)

Mine is here: http://jessicalawlor.com/2010/10/in-my-mailbox-3/