Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Personal: A New Beginning

The following is a personal post I wrote to explain a struggle I had, which also explains my long absence from this blog. Maybe it can inspire somebody!

The most complicated thing I’ve ever struggled with was getting healthy and losing weight. Which explains why I turned to books to block my mind from reality. My doctor had told me I had to get healthy and fit, because I was at huge risk for diabetes, heart attack, stroke, eventually death if I continued to live the same lifestyle. (Happened last July when I stopped blogging)

I knew if I never started I was never going to get anywhere. Getting in shape wasn’t the hardest part; it was starting that was the most difficult. I procrastinated and many times said that the effort wasn’t going to be worth a thing. Yet, after I set aside all the negative thoughts I actually got myself somewhere. I got educated on nutrition and what the foods I needed were. Then, I began a strict workout routine that I had to do everyday.

Now:


Perseverance was the hardest thing to do. I expected I’d see jaw-dropping results at the beginning. And, it turned out that good results don’t happen at the beginning. I had to learn the hard way that nothing happens overnight just because I was trying. When I was just about to quit, I knew that I had to finish what I started. It couldn’t be one of my failed attempts. With endurance and strength that I didn’t even know where it came from, I motivated myself to continue.

The journey was long and and scary, but I was extremely scared to die prematurely, so I gave it my all. At the moment, I’m still not done completely, but I can say I dropped the extra weight and am now at a normal weight (after working out for over 4 months). I can exercise almost everyday, because I’m addicted. And, I’m eating more fruits and vegetables than I ever ate in my lifetime.

So there you go, I'm not the same person coming back to blogging. I was hesitant to get that off my chest. If anyone reading this is going through the same thing and wants some encouragement or tips just email me here: thebookshopaholic(AT)hotmail(DOT)com Plus, I'm going to soon set up a blog at Tumblr all about fitness I'll inform y'all when it's up.

As for this blog, I'm official back to business!

7 comments:

Frosy said...

It's good to have you back! :)

proseandkahn said...

Good for you! Congratulations and welcome back!

brenda

Blueicegal ♥ said...

Oh wow thats amazing, and so inspiring. I am so sorry that you had to go through that, I'm just glad that your better. Thank you so much for sharing. I have to say, it's good to have you back :)

Bethie said...

Congrats on your success! You should be very proud of yourself.

Alex said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Congrats on the awesome new lifestyle!

Amber Skye said...

Congrats on all your hard work! You should be proud. I rarely work out, and I really need to get on it... Maybe your post will give me the inspiration I need. Glad to have you back!

Elie said...

Good for you. Anyone who has tried to lose weight knows how hard it is to do. It is a daily challenge, but one with amazing results, Physical, mental, and emotional. Congrats on your success.